Drive Employee Productivity through Building Energy Levels
Employees need to be kept happy in order for them to remain upbeat about their work environment. Generally speaking, happy employees are more productive, and this is why employers now strive for building a comfortable environment with activity that allows employees to blow off some steam.
A happy employee is more likely to be engaged in his or her work. Organizations that understand this principle tend to have employees that are more productive. However, not all employers understand the need for an employee to remain happy.
Happiness boosts creativity
Happy employees are known to come up with ideas and they will not hesitate to do so when they feel comfortable in their work environment. Without going through any data, you can logically conclude that you will be more productive with an environment and work that you like.
- There are few ways that you can work towards increasing happiness in your organization.
The Hawthorne effect is one way you can increase employee productivity at your organization by letting your employees know that you genuinely care about their well-being and personal growth. Employee happiness can be measured through surveys, and this can help to determine what really makes them happy.
- When you conduct a survey, you are bound to find out about your employee’s passions. You can support them by encouraging and helping them towards online programs that pertain to their career, as well as mentorship programs, or even pertinent fun activities such hackathons. You can groom them professionally, which will help you to attain better performance management since they will be more motivated and produce better results.
Happiness can be contagious
In order to make others happy in your organization, you need to be happy yourself. So, you need to know how to be happy and remain upbeat so that you can charge and motivate others around you. Remember, happiness, like other emotions, such as anger and depression, is contagious. So you should aim to make happiness viral in your organization which can build individual efforts and improve workforce productivity. Here’s how:
- Exercise can make your happier – There is scientific reasoning behind this. If possible, try exercising in the middle of the day. This can boost your energy levels.
- Get sufficient rest – Less sleep can suck energy out of you, and you can be in a pretty bad mood throughout the day. More sleep is associated with better moods. Don’t judge your sleep by the number of hours you get. It’s more about quality sleep.
- Helpingothers builds your energy – By helping others, you will feel pleased and happy, which will boost your energy too. Others around you will feed on your happiness.
- Meditation helps you regulate emotions – Based on research, meditation is known to help you put things into perspective. It helps in decision making, which can be greatly satisfying.
There are probably many more ways that you can think up for boosting your energy and driving happiness in your organization. Research and read more about these so that you can help yourself and keep your employees engaged.